Is there such a thing as a good and bad game studio? In this episode, I’ve got game bloggers Murf and Doone to discuss our perceptions of game studios, what influences them, and whether the ethical practices of a studio have any relation to the quality of games being produced.
What Are the Kids Playing?
7 Wonders – Cupcake Cutie
Definitive Gaming History
Main Topic – Good and Bad Game Studios?
Questions/Topics for discussion:
- Is there such thing as a “good game studio” and a “bad game studio”?
- With regards to creating games
- What studios seem to have a good reputation for creating great games?
- With regards to the way they operate
- What studios seem to have a good reputation for the way they do things?
- Can you think of a time when a game studio honestly surprised you by something they did where you thought “woah, that was nice”
- Where does this good reputation come from?
- Is there a relationship between a studio doing things “the right way” and producing good games?
- In your mind, is there any relationship between the business models they choose and your opinion of a studio?
What Have I Been Up to?
Featured network show: Battle Bards
You can send your feedback to email@example.com and I’ll read it on the podcast. Reminder that Beyond Bossfights is on iTunes and would appreciate your ratings and reviews!
Beyond Bossfights is also on stitcher, AND Player FM so add it to your playlists!
Lastly, Beyond Bossfights now has a “nook” & forum on Anook.com, so make sure to follow us there, and start a conversation of your own!
- Twitter: @Braxwolf
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anook: anook.com/braxwolf
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/braxwolf
- YouTube: www.YouTube.com/braxwolf
- Blog: braxwolf.com
Voiceover by Alexa Rubinov
#podcast #gaming #ethics