I’m joined this month by Lonrem, the community manager for Anook.com. Lonrem and I discuss how social has influenced gaming over the last several years, the advantages and disadvantages of social, and some of his experiences as both a guild leader and CM.
Guest this episode: Lonrem from Anook.com
What Are the Kids Playing?
Animal Crossing City Folk – Penelope
Definitive Gaming History
Main Topic – Social and Gaming
Questions/Topics for discussion:
- How has the social aspect of gaming changed within the last ten years or so?
- What factors do you think have contributed to that change?
- Is there a difference between a “social game” and a “game with social”?
- Is social vital to today’s gaming market. or is it still a nice-to-have?
- Is it equally important to the well-being of the gamer that these games include a social angle?
- What are the detriments to constant social connectivity?
- Have you seen online social situations have an impact on real-life?
- What is your position at Anook.com?
- From a social perspective, what gap is Anook.com trying to fill? (Considering all of the blogs and guild sites already available?)
- Have you had any CM “challenges” yet with your position at Anook?
- What has the most difficult part been?
What I’ve Been Up To
Beyond Bossfights has joined the brand new podcast network, The Gaming and Entertainment Network!
Featured TGEN show: Aggrochat
I now have a Patreon page. You can pledge to donate a specific dollar amount per episode if you wish.
None this week
Voiceover by Alexa Rubinov
#podcast #gaming #social